· More than 20 striking garment workers were injured this week, including two pregnant women, during clashes with police outside a factory in Kampong Speu .
Asia Cambodian garment workers stay poor while dressing the West. Cambodia's garment industry provides cheap labor that allows for low prices and fast fashion around .
· 14 Safety Rules to Better Manufacturing Facility Safety. April 19, 2011 by Rebecca Shafer, J.D. 8 Comments. Factories are often thought of as dangerous places to work. But, that is wrong if the factory has a proper safety program in place. The creation of a safety program for a factory is not much more difficult that creating a safety program .
Many garment factory workers are immigrants or migrants; while once migration was commonly from rural to urban centres, these workers now cross borders in search of employment. In developed countries, many garment workers – whether working in factories or from their homes – are immigrant women from Asia or Latin America. In Los Angeles, USA .
Garment factory workers represent a significantproportion of the labour force in Cambodia, with almost 500,000 workers employed in the garment industry. The majority of garment factory workers are young women of reproductive age who have migrated from rural provinces to Phnom Penh. Given the significantnumber of migrant garment factory workers .
(New York) – The Bangladeshi government should stop garment factory owners from intimidating and threatening workers for organizing trade unions, and prosecute .
garment factory workers. Oxfam's response to the latest garment factory fire in Dhaka, Bangladesh. 10 October 2013. In response to the . Read more. Oxfam response to 70 retailers agreeing on Bangladesh garment factory inspections . 8 July 2013. 8 July 2013 - A group of 70 retailers have agreed a plan to conduct inspections of garment factories .
The April 2013 collapse of Rana Plaza, the worst in a string of deadly building collapses and fires that killed more than 1,100 garment factory workers in Bangladesh .
factory workers have diverse reproductive health needs and many do not currently have adequate access to affordable, high quality information and services
Garment factory workers in Bangladesh need support, solidarity, not boycott. Archana Rampure. March 1, 2016. analysis. Labour. Anti-Racism. Civil Liberties Watch. World . Like this article? rabble is reader-supported journalism. Chip in to keep stories like these coming. When I think of Bangladesh, the disaster at Rana Plaza is the first thing .
It's lunchtime at Propitious garment factory in Takhmao, and thousands of workers in neon headscarves are gathered around as Khmer pop music rings out across the .
· Find Garment Factory Workers Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Garment Factory Workers and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM. Explore more on .
· Six months after more than 1,000 people lost their lives in the deadliest garment factory accident in Bangladeshi history, the South Asian country continues to mourn the deaths of workers in other avoidable incidents. Earlier this month, at least seven people were killed and dozens injured in a large fire that broke out at a knitwear factory on .
DHAKA—At the Mohammadi Fashion Sweaters Ltd. factory in Bangladesh's capital, a few dozen workers stand watching as 173 German-made machines knit black sweaters .
DHAKA, Bangladesh About 450 garment workers fell ill during their shifts at a sweater factory near Bangladesh's capital, and authorities said Thursday the water .
Wages & workers rights. The role of fashion professionals; Harsh conditions for garment workers; The impact of shifting production and short term sourcing relationships
Garment factory workers protest in Dhaka on 23 December. A week-long shutdown at 50 factories ended on Tuesday. Photograph: Abir Abdullah/EPA At least 1,500 workers .
More than 100 workers at the JD Toyoma garment factory in Takeo province's Bati district fainted on Wednesday morning during their working hour. Police said that .
· "I heard screams," said Mahmudul Hasan, a quality inspector at Ether Tex, a garment factory, who was hit by a falling ceiling. "My heart started pounding. I lay down near a pillar and started thinking that perhaps I was going to die." International attention was focused on labor conditions in Bangladesh five months ago, with the fatal .
Bangladesh Garment Factory Safety . in the deadliest disaster in the history of the global garment industry. At least 1,138 workers were killed and 2,500 others were injured in the Rana Plaza collapse. Many of the injured workers were trapped in the building for days. Some had their limbs amputated on-site to free them from the rubble. In the .